To me coaching is part ‘science‘ and part ‘art‘.
The ‘science‘ in my coaching practice is deely rooted in the teachings and coaching method of Integral Coaching Canada™ which forms the foundation of our work together.
The ‘art‘ in my coaching practice comes from my experience on this planet. You can read on to learn a bit more about who I am and what I’ve been up too.
The bottom line is – I want to be YOUR coach!
Hi, my name is Erin Thorp, welcome. I am an Associate Integral™ Coach and I am excited about our work together. I’ve spent my professional career working in Project & Construction Management and Technical Sales. Yes, you read that right!
Fast forward through a marriage, three kids and a wholel lot of life and I found myself getting a bit restless in my corporate life. I decided that I could take my knowledge, skills and experience and help people, just like you and me, move past what’s holding them back in their lives and create real impact in the world, one person at a time. Let’s face it, change is hard and if you’re like me, you need someone else encouraging, guiding and holding you accountable.
A little tough love never hurts either!
While I absolutely love the freedom and flexibility of my new career, the best part is all the wonderful and inspiring people I get to work with everyday!
Oh, I’m the eldest of 4 siblings and have had a lot of practice telling them what to do, ahem, I mean looking out for them! Leading seems to come naturally to me . I will admit that early in my career and life, I wasn’t always the most elegant leader — yes, I’ve had my fair share of undesireable leadership moments – and through these experiences it was the desire to be better, to learn more and expand my skills that has driven me to where I am today. Experience and time are amazing teachers. I have learned the importance of playing to people strengths; the art of delegation; experienced the grace of flexibility; and reaped the rewards of reaching for BIG (and sometimes scary) goals.
I believe we all have inherent strengths which have served us well … until now. If you find yourself wanting more from your life – more peace, more time, more control, more ease – we should talk. Often this desire for more (or sometimes less) requires change.
All that lies between how you are and how you want to be is change.
Last changing requires structures to support learning so that we can build sustainable capabilites & show up in our lives differently.
This is the work I do.
Professional fun facts …
- I am a certified associate Integral Coach™
- I am a civil engineering degree & specialize in Project Management (hint: I am NOT your typical engineer)
- I have worked on construction job sites; in boardrooms and I have had the corner cubicle @ the corporate office.
- My favourite part of being a coach is that I get to work with amazing people every day and watch them transform
- I am a builder of all things – buildings, houses, teams, processes, procedures & websites!
- I am excellent at uncovering and meeting customer needs.
- I am a firm believer in flexibility, freedom and the ability to work with people who are truly; madly & deeply in love with their lives
- I am more introverted than extroverted; an INFJ for those souls who are equally addicted to personality quizzes as I am!
- I am highly intuitive and empathetic
- I often do things because they feel right
- I love being a leader and watching people grow
- I am an avid learner and student of life
A bit more personal …
- I am a daughter, sister, friend, wife and mother
- My husband and I have a beautiful daughter and two handsome little boys
- I grew up on a farm in northern Alberta where we grew, raised, butchered or made most of our own food.
- I am a former 4H-er and unlike most people public speaking is NOT my greatest fear in life
- I am a virgo
- I have been organizing people and projects my whole life – Yes, my whole life! Just ask my mom and dad
- I am the eldest of 4 children; I have two sisters and one brother
- I have an amazing network of friends who have supported me through all the crazy phases of my life.
- I love to sew, crochet & read